Sunday 3 June 2012

Memories bitter sweet


Carefully treading the busy red light with you beside me, holding my hand,
Manoeuvring the snake like road in a way that only a snake charmer knows,
Sitting tight –fisted, the fear of falling  from your newly acquired bike,
Moving my hands on your back  when you were  writhing in pain,
Arguing over the least important issue and still get pampered,
Innumerable red roses that you got for me on my birthdays,
The fight that ensues when you watch the car and bike show ignoring me,
The plain , simple rustic attempts to make me forget all my pains ,
The heated discussion of the family budget each month end  ,
The look on your face when you see me talk about someone else,
The threat of leaving each other that both of us give and then forget  ,
The kind and loving protection of your arm around my waist,
The attempt to steal  time with each other despite busy parenthood,
The subtle knowledge of each other’s need without any conversation ,
Are the memories bitter sweet  that I’ll cherish forever, my love!!




1 comment: